We use the GE SENOGRAPHE 600T SENIX H, which is a top of the line mammography machine from GE Medical Systems, USA. This advanced machine helps us provide the best quality routine scan mammograms for preventive screening of breast cancer.
It provides excellent high resolution digital mammography images and helps detect any abnormality, changes, lumps, or any other symptoms of breast cancer.
We advise a mammography scan, or mammogram, for all ladies above the age of 40 years. The scan should be repeated at least once in every two years, or more frequently if recommended, by your doctor. It is important to note that a mammography scan should be done even when no lump or mass can be felt in the breast.
For list of mammography investigations and prices, please visit our Mammography Rate List using the link below. We offer both single breast mammography scan as well as both breast mammography scan.
Mammography is a special type of X-ray specifically designed to scan the abnormalities in the breast and plays a major role in early detection of breast cancer. Mammography can show changes in breast well before a woman or her physician can feel them. Successful treatment of breast cancer depends on early diagnosis.
We at Dr Mittal's Diagnostic Centre screen for breast abnormalities, and also confirm it using additional imaging tests such as Ultrasound. Also, ultrasound guided FNAC or biopsy can be performed at our centre.
Who should get an Mammography scan done ?
All women above the age of 40 yrs should get an annual mammogram done.
Since breast cancers are relatively uncommon under the age of 30 yrs, only younger women with “high risk factors” must get themselves screened for breast cancer, with a baseline mammogram at the age of 30-35yrs.
A women of any age who complains of any warning sign of breast cancer.
What are the “high risk factors” for developing breast cancer in women?
- Age - Women above 45 yrs of age are at a higher risk.
- Family history of cancer - The risk doubles for a woman whose mother, sister, daughter, grandmother, aunts or cousins have had the disease.
- A women whose first full-term pregnancy is delayed ie until after age 30 yrs.
- Women with early onset of menstrual periods and/ or women in whom menopause has set in late.
- Spinsters and childless married women.
What are the warning signs of breast cancer ?
- Any lump or thickening in the breast or underarms.
- Any discharge from the nipple.
- Change in size or shape of the breast.
- Change in colour or feel of the skin of the breast (i.e. skin thickening, dimpling, puckering etc).